Support & Control Analyst Program
Newedge’s Support & Control functions include Audit, Compliance, eSolutions, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Legal, and Risk. A variety of these groups participate in the Analyst Program each year and hosts trainee positions for the program rotations.
Newedge Analyst program is a 12-month program, with two rotation placements.
- IT and Operations: Participants will have two rotations within different groups of the placement function. e.g. participants within IT remain in IT for the duration of the program.
- Risk & Finance: Participants are expected to spend time in the two different functions.
The initial training and induction program prior to starting in the business will equip participants with the soft skills and technical training necessary to succeed and add immediate value to their placement team.
- Ongoing training throughout the program will also ensure the continued development of participants.
- Participants will be assigned a senior mentor to provide professional insight, feedback, and guidance throughout the program.
Assessment and performance monitoring will be ongoing throughout each rotation of the program.
- Final performance appraisal and permanent position matching will take place at the end of the program. Successful participants will be offered permanent placement as an Analyst in a specific function, starting August 2014.
|Global Induction and Training in Newedge’s London office|
|First Placement Rotation|
|Second Placement Rotation|
|End of Analyst Program & Final performance appraisal|
|Successful trainees start as Analysts in specific group placement|
What to expect:
Working across a range of teams, trainees will be expected to perform the following or similar tasks, exact responsibilities will vary with each rotation.
- Learn the skills required to develop and maintain strong service-oriented relationships with a wide range of internal clients including Newedge’s three Business Lines and key support functions.
- Learn specific technical skills necessary to develop, maintain or analyze the various platforms and applications that serve Newedge internal brokers and external clients.
- Collect, analyze, and report on industry information and communicate this as appropriate across the business.
- Collaborate on designing and developing innovative solutions and strategies for Newedge’s support & control functions.
Who should apply:
To apply for the Newedge Analyst Program you should have or expect a minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
The individual should be self-motivated and adopt a responsible approach to all deliverables, ensuring work is prioritised appropriately and produced in an accurate and timely manner. Effective communication skills are essential. The individual should be a team player, with a flexible approach to assisting with the department’s workload.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies throughout their application:
- Commercial Awareness
- Quantitative / Technical Ability
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving, analysis
- Decision making
- Team work
27 January 2013
|Deadline for submitting applications on-line. Applications submitted after this date may not be considered for the 2013 Analyst Program.
February - May 2013
|Successful applicants will be invited to attend participate in the recruitment process.
Offerees will have 14 days in which to accept their offer to join the 2013 program.