Front Office Analyst Program
Newedge has three Business Lines: Prime Clearing Services (PCS), Financial Futures & Options and Equities Execution (FFOE) and Fixed Income, Commodities and Currencies (C&C). Each of the Business Lines participates in the Analyst program and hosts rotation placements.
Newedge Analyst program is a 12-month program, with three rotations across the front office.
- Participants are expected to spend time in at least two different Business Lines to ensure a broader experience and exposure of the firm and its products and services.
Initial training and induction program prior to starting in the business will equip participants with the soft skills and technical training necessary to succeed and add immediate value to their placement team.
- Ongoing training throughout the program will also ensure the continued development of participants.
- Participants will be assigned a senior mentor to provide professional insight, feedback, and guidance throughout the program.
Assessment and performance monitoring will be ongoing throughout each rotation of the program.
- Final performance appraisal and permanent position matching will take place at the end of the program. Successful participants will be offered permanent placement as an Analyst in a specific Business Line, starting August 2014.
|Global Induction and Training in Newedge’s London office|
|First Business Line Rotation|
|Second Business Line Rotation|
|Third Business Line Rotation|
|End of Analyst Program & Final performance appraisal|
|Successful trainees start as Analysts in specific group placement|
What to expect:
As a trainee on the Analyst program you will work across a range of teams and products in the front office. Graduates will be expected to perform the following or similar tasks, exact responsibilities will vary with each rotation/Business Line:
- Learn the skills required to develop and maintain strong sales relationships with a wide range of clients such as asset managers, hedge funds, insurers, and corporates.
- Learn to buy and sell securities in the secondary market on behalf of clients.
- Collect, analyse, and report on industry, client, and market information and communicate this as appropriate across the business.
- Collaborate on designing and developing innovative solutions and strategies for clients.
Who should apply:
The individual should be self-motivated and adopt a responsible approach to all deliverables, ensuring work is prioritized appropriately and produced in an accurate and timely manner. Effective communication skills are essential. The individual should be a team player, with a flexible approach to assisting with the department’s workload.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following competencies throughout their application:
- Commercial Awareness
- Quantitative / Technical Ability
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving, analysis
- Decision making
- Team work
20 January 2013
|Deadline for submitting applications on-line. Applications submitted after this date may not be considered for the 2013 Analyst Program.
February - May 2013
|Successful applicants will be invited to attend participate in the recruitment process.
Offerees will have 14 days in which to accept their offer to join the 2013 program.